Friday, September 3, 2010

Angels Among Us


There are angels among us. I'm convinced.  

There are angels among us who guard us and make miracles happen.

Look for them.

There are angels among us like the one in the truck stopped behind me yesterday at the red light, a man who went to the trouble of getting out of his truck to knock on my window to tell me that my spare tire was hanging loose underneath the rear of my Tahoe.

I normally wouldn’t roll down my car window for a complete stranger – I know better - but I didn’t even think twice about it. I just did it.

Turned out there was an angel outside my window.

He might have simply saved me the hassle of a major car repair down the road...or he might have saved my life – or the life of my daughter – or the life of someone driving behind me on the highway if that spare tire had fallen down at the wrong time.

And it just so happened that there was a tire service station on the other side of that fateful red light. I pulled right in and had my spare tire reattached.

While I waited for my tire to be fixed, I thought about the angel.

I know who he was.

He was the one who had always been concerned about the tires on my well-traveled car – Did they have enough tread? Were they low on air pressure? Was the car safe to drive?

He was the one who had always been concerned about my safety.

And he was still looking out for me, keeping me safe.

I know who that angel was…

He was my dad.


3 comments:

Brooke said...

you are right, angels are around us. how cool is it that you got to see one of yours! i know there have been countless times in my life when god has sent angels to get me out of some tricky situations. i believe that wholeheartedly.

thank you for posting this, kristen!....b

Melissa said...

What a beautiful post, Kristen.

Kristen said...

Thanks, Brooke and Melissa! I'm always on the look out for angels these days... :)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.